If only every day could be pancake day. They really are such a treat, a breakfast favourite, and good for a dessert too! The Biroix cast iron skillet pan is perfect for this classic dish, a low heat gives perfectly golden and fluffy pancakes. And blueberry pancakes have to be one of the most cherished variations on this age-old recipe. One of the best things about pancakes is that everyone can have them served their way – the options for toppings are endless! There are the classic toppings like maple syrup, whipped cream, and bacon, but you can really use anything you like. Some people like cream cheese, some even prefer a savoury touch, adding blue cheese to the mix. For some inspired (depending on your preferences) options, check out this list of toppers.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10-15 mins
What you need:
- 1 ½ cups of white flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of oil (canola or vegetable)
- Oil for frying
- 1 cup of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
How to make:
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a medium sized bowl. Stir in the sugar.
- In a separate bowl, add the eggs, milk and oil. Whisk together.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the egg mix.
- Mix with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Cover with a tea towel and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat your Biroix skillet pan over a medium to low heat. Add a little oil.
- Pour in ¼ cup of pancake mix and scatter over a few blueberries.
- Cook until bubbles appear on the surface (around 2 minutes).
- Flip the pancake and cook on the other side until golden and cooked in the middle (around 1 minute).
- Repeat until all pancakes are cooked.
- Serve with maple syrup and butter.