The kids will love this one. The adults will love it too. And you’ll love how quick and easy it is to make. Simple and scrumptious, these moreish Quesadillas are a summer staple. Quesadillas are known for their versatility, you can put just about anything in them (as long as you add cheese to hold it all together), which is great for fussy eaters, or those who like it hot! You can tailor them to your crowd. This chicken recipe is a classic take, but feel free to add your signature to it. A Mexican favourite, these are fun to eat and fun to say. If you want to check your pronunciation, this short video will help you. Always nice to know you’re saying it correctly! Buen provecho!
What you need:
- 500 grams of cooked chicken
- 1 cup of grated cheese (this recipe uses Tasty cheese)
- 35 grams / 3 tablespoons of Mexican taco seasoning
- 1 can of corn kernels, drained
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 10 flour tortillas
- Oil for frying
- 1 – 2 Avocados, diced
- ½ punnet of cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of coriander, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Juice of ½ a lemon, or ½ teaspoon lemon juice
How to make:
- Mix the avocado, cherry tomatoes, and coriander together gently in a bowl and season with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl add the chicken, corn and Mexican seasoning and mix well.
- Place a tortilla on a chopping board and spread some mixture over half the tortilla. Top with a little mozzarella cheese and fold in half so you have a semi-circle shape.
- Heat your Biroix cast iron pan over a medium heat on the stove.
- Add ½ teaspoon of oil. Once hot add a filled tortilla.
- Cook until tortilla is golden and then flip and cook the other side.
- Remove from the pan, slice into 3 and garnish with the avocado mix.
- Repeat until all quesadillas are cooked.