This is a big ol’ pot of green goodness. Perfect for a large crowd. But it can easily be halved and become a staple salad in your household. There are so many ways to present couscous, it’s very a very versatile base – and may surprise you to find out that it is more of a pasta than a grain! This recipe tastes fresh and is a great salad to go with some heavier or meaty mains. Add it to your repertoire.
What you need:
- 600 grams of Israeli couscous (also called pearl couscous)
- 3 zucchinis
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup of edamame
- 2 handfuls of rocket or other salad greens
- 2 avocados, diced
- ¾ cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1 ½ cups of mint or coriander or both
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of mustard, Dijon or wholegrain both work
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
How to make:
- Cook the couscous in your Biroix Dutch Oven as per packet directions.
- Once cooked, set aside to cool. Drizzle with a little oil on it so it doesn’t stick when cool.
- Slice zucchini lengthwise as thinly as possible. Put on a plate and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Heat a griddle pan or the BBQ and cook zucchini on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- Cook the edamame as per packet instructions and run under cold water after cooking. Drain and set aside.
- To make the dressing, place all ingredients in a tall container and whizz using a stick blender.
- Alternatively, you can use a blender. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- To assemble, mix all the ingredients together gently in your Biroix Dutch Oven and serve.
* This is a large salad but you can easily half the recipe.