A little bit sweet, a little bit tangy, a whole lot of delicious all in the one pot. This free-range Chicken Marbella dish is not difficult to prepare and your Biroix Dutch Oven is perfect for it. Let’s tuck in shall we?
We love the free-range chicken at Bostock Brothers. They are organic, certified and have very happy chooks!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
What you need
- 6 free-range chicken thighs (with bone in and skin on)
- 6 free-range chicken drumsticks (with skin on)
- 2 cloves of garlic (peeled and crushed)
- 2 teaspoons of fresh, chopped oregano
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of prunes
- 1 cup of green olives
- ¾ cup of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of capers (with brine)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons of chopped parsley (optional garnish)
How to cook
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together except the parsley. Season with salt and pepper and leave to marinate overnight (or a minimum of 20 minutes if you’re in more of a hurry!).
- Heat oven to 180°C. Transfer the marinated ingredients into your Biroix Dutch Oven and bake for 50 minutes until chicken is golden. Baste every 10-15 minutes, turning the chicken if needed.
- Serve straight out of the Dutch Oven. Garnish if you wish.
- Served best with rice or potatoes. And mind your teeth on any stones in the olives and prunes!