It’s a long, hot summer this year, so we’ve brewed something delicious to keep you cool. Biroix Dutch Ovens are made with premium cast iron which is great at keeping food hot, and also conversely, at keeping food (and cocktails) cold. The Biroix Dutch Ovens have a capacity of 4L so you can make a lovely, large punch-style cocktail to serve your whole party. And in our vibrant colours, it really is summer on ice.
This mojito with a summer twist has everything a good cocktail has – zest, flavour and punch. And like all good cocktails it will put you in excellent spirits.
What you need – dressing:
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 cup of mint leaves, torn roughly
- 1 cup of lime juice
- 350ml of passionfruit pulp (2 x 175ml cans or use fresh passionfruit pulp)
- 1 cup of white rum
- 3 cups of soda water
- Half a bag of ice
What you need – garnish:
- Mint sprigs
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 nectarine, sliced
How to make:
- Place the sugar and mint into your Biroix Dutch Oven.
- Take a muddler (or the end of a wooden spoon) and gently muddle with a splash of lime juice. You don’t need to go crazy muddling as the mint tastes lovely when it is still fresh and lively.
- Add the remaining lime juice and mix to combine.
- Add the rum, passionfruit pulp and soda water.
- Fill with ice and garnish with nectarine and lime slices.
- Serve immediately with a large ladle.
This recipe was made especially for Biroix by the talented taste Queen - The MacPherson Diaries