Fragrant, spicy, and filling, this meatball curry will make you feel like a professional cook when you serve it up. This recipe uses both the Green Biroix Skillet Pan and the Biroix Dutch Oven, showcasing how brilliantly the two work together. Pork is the meat of choice for meatballs as it is tastier than other meats, but you can use other options if you’re not a huge fan. We’re loving this curried version – it’s comfort food perfect for cooler days.
Prep time : 20-30 mins
Cook time : 20-30 mins
What you need:
- 500g of pork mince
- 2 tablespoons of sweet chilli sauce
- 2 lime leaves, vein removed, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons of oil for frying (canola or vegetable)
- 2 tablespoons of red curry paste
- 1x 400ml can of coconut cream
- ¾ cup of chicken stock
- 1 can of baby corn, drained
- 1 bunch of broccolini
- Red chilli, seeds removed, sliced
How to make:
- In a medium sized bowl, add the pork, chilli sauce, lime leaves, ½ teaspoon of salt and egg white. Use your hands to mix well and shape into balls – roughly a tablespoon in size. If you have time, refrigerate for half an hour. If you are in a hurry, you can cook them straight away.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to your Biroix skillet pan over a medium heat. Once hot add the meatballs (you will need to do this in batches) and cook until brown on all sides and cooked through.
- Once cooked, place on a plate and keep warm in the oven on a low heat while you cook the next batch.
- Meanwhile, place your Biroix Dutch Oven over a medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of oil. Once hot, add the red curry paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the coconut cream, chicken stock, sugar and ½ teaspoon salt. Simmer to thicken, around 5 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed then add the baby corn.
- Blanch the broccolini for 2 minutes in boiling water. Remove from the water and set aside.
- When ready to assemble, wipe out your Biroix skillet pan with a paper towel. Transfer the sauce from your Biroix Dutch Oven to your skillet pan.
- Add the broccolini, meatballs, and garnish with red chilli and coriander. Serve with rice.