Serve up the wow factor with this whole roasted cauliflower. An impressive looking dish, and delicious to boot, the best part about this Moroccan meal is how easy it is to create. It’s almost cheating it’s so simple. The most important part is cooking it enough that it is easy to cut up once it’s cooked. In terms of Moroccan spices, there are plenty of great options on your supermarket shelf, or you can create your own. This article gives you a good idea of which spices are important in Moroccan cuisine, so mix to your tastes! You can also create your own Greek Yoghurt if you really want to impress your guests, but rest assured – they will be impressed with this dish.
What you need:
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3-4 tablespoons of Moroccan seasoning
- Salt if needed
- ½ cup of garlic yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons of dried cranberries, chopped – or – pomegranate
- ¼ cup of mint leaves
How to make:
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Cut just enough off the base of the cauliflower so that it fits inside your Biroix Dutch Oven with the lid on.
- Mix the Moroccan seasoning with olive oil and spread all over the cauliflower. You can use your hands to get into the crevices (if your Moroccan seasoning doesn’t have salt, then add salt).
- Place whole cauliflower inside the Biroix Dutch Oven and put the lid on.
- Cook for 45 minutes and then take the lid off and cook for a further 25 minutes, or until cooked through and soft (time will depend on how large your cauliflower is).
- Garnish with garlic yoghurt drizzled over the top, mint and pomegranates scattered over.
- You can keep the cauliflower inside your Biroix Dutch Oven to serve.