This new take on a tomato sauce became an internet sensation thanks to social media platform TikTok. Simple and delicious, it’s well worth the hype. This recipe uses it as a dish on its own, served with bread to dip or spread on it, but it can be used a pasta sauce as well. There are lots of different iterations, and the added honey in this recipe gives it a lovely, slightly sweet flavour. You’ll be glad you tried it – it’s one trend we can all get behind.
What you need:
- 400 grams of cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic, halved
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 block of feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Basil for garnish
- Bread for serving
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 200°C degrees fan bake.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil to your Biroix cast iron pan.
- Sprinkle with salt and toss to combine.
- Place the feta in the middle of the tomatoes.
- Top with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and the honey.
- Grind over a little black pepper.
- Put in the oven and bake for around 40 minutes until the tomatoes have all burst and the cheese is soft.
- To get the cheese lovely and golden you can switch the oven to grill for a couple of minutes to finish it off.
- Scatter over basil leaves and serve with bread.