ELECTRIC/SOLID HOB • GAS • INDUCTION • CERAMIC • HALOGEN
- Dry the base of your Biroix before cooking to prevent the Biroix from sticking to the hob. Some hobs may mark or scratch the base on your Biroix but this is perfectly normal.
- Never drag your Biroix across a glass-topped hob or stove – this can damage the glass and the Biroix base. Always lift the Biroix if you need to move it.
- Match the base of your Biroix to the hob ring or heat zone it is to be used on. Gas flames must always be confined to the base area and never allowed to extend up and around the sides of your Biroix.
First things first
Before using your Biroix, remove all packaging, stickers and labels from the product. Wash your Biroix in warm, clean, soapy water with a soft cloth and mild detergent. Rinse and dry thoroughly using a clean, dry cloth or paper towel.
- Cook in temperatures of up to 230° Celsius / 450° Fahrenheit.
- Cooking on a low to medium heat will get the best results, including for frying and searing.
- Place your Biroix on a suitable rack in the middle of the oven.
- Never handle a hot Biroix with bare hands - always use oven mitts.
- Use silicone, heat-resistant plastic or wooden utensils.
- Don’t use sharp or metal utensils.
- Always grasp your Biroix by both handles.
- Take care when handling your Biroix – sharp knocks, dropping and impact can cause damage.
- Do not use your Biroix if it is damaged.
- Not suitable for use in a microwave oven.
- Allow your Biroix to cool before washing and storing.
- Wash your Biroix after each use with a mild detergent and a soft sponge. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Use a suitable non-metallic scouring pad for stubborn stains.
- Place a paper towel between cast ironware if stacking to protect the surfaces.
- Never subject your Biroix to sudden changes in temperature – do not immerse a hot Biroix in, or fill with, cold water.
- Avoid metal, abrasive or stiff pads/brushes and abrasive cleaning agents.
- Not suitable to store food in – salts, sugars and acid residues can cause damage.